Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy 25th Anniversary

Congratulations to the Foundation for Lee County Public Schools who celebrated their 25th anniversary last year. I was born and raised in Lee County and am a product of the Lee County Public School System. So, when the lovely Sheryl Ferrie at Pink Tangerine suggested I be a part of their anniversary dinner, I was very excited! Since 1986 the mission of the Foundation has been to enhance the quality of public education in Lee County by increasing community involvement in, and support for, Lee County Public Schools. Twenty-five years ago a diverse group of local business and community leaders created the Foundation. These concerned individuals realized that the cornerstone of an economically strong community was a quality public education system. The schools I went to had such an impact on me, I thought it was a great opportunity to give back.
Above is one of the 330 cupcakes I was fortunate to donate to the 25th anniversary dinner that was held December 1st. A HUGE thank you to my grandma Connie who spent her day baking with me and my favorite professor, Chef Sean Lucas, both of which I could never have done this.
Janelle Beaber, Director of Marketing and Development for The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools had this to say...
"Thank you so much for your help on our 25th anniversary event. You are so very talented, and we truly appreciated your support of our Foundation! I hope we can work together in the future."



life is short
eat dessert first

No comments:

Post a Comment