Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Give Me S'more!


As I've mentioned before, my grandma Connie has always been the baker for all my family members birthdays. Since I started my business though, I've picked up on that tradition. Normally, she would have made my and (since I share my birthday with my sister every year) my sister Candice's cake. But this year Candice made a special request for one of my popular cupcake flavors, S'mores! This delicious treat is made with, yes, just as you were thinking, all the components that make up a traditional s'more - graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallow! The bottom of the cupcake is a layer of graham cracker crust, filled with chocolate cake AND a chocolate kiss inside. I then top the cupcake with a homemade marshmallow fluff that gets toasted to perfection and drizzled with more chocolate. Making my own birthday cake (or cupcakes in this case) isn't so bad when it's something that taste this good!

Yeah, I don't mind saying it...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!





life is short
eat dessert first

No comments:

Post a Comment